THE NOMINATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO NOMINATED A DESERVING STUDENT ATHLETE
Criteria for Application:
- Students must attend a Virginia high school (public/private)
- Students must be a junior or senior during the academic year of 2022 – 2023 to apply
- Students who have a GPA of 3.0 of higher
- Students must letter in at least 1 VHSL/VISAA sanctioned sport
- At least 1 letter of recommendation must be submitted along with the student’s academic/athletic/civic credentials
- Student must submit a minimum 500-word personal essay on the following:
- Please explain your involvement among your school and greater communities.
- Please describe your reason for pursuing this scholarship and its importance to you.
- Please describe the role athletics has played in your overall development.
Who can nominate:
Anyone can nominate a deserving student-athlete. Parents, coaches, administrators, mentors, the students themselves, etc. The nomination must be completed in full at the time of submission.
Application must be submitted in full and cannot be edited once submitted. Please proof and review all sections of the application prior to submission. A letter of recommendation is required to support your academic, athletic and civic achievements. Additional accomplishments or accolades can be included with the nomination packet. The parent/guardians, and nominator contact information listed below will be notified of your application status during the screening process. 16 finalists will be selected by a committee that will review all nominations received, and 4 overall winners will be named Virginia Sports Hall of Fame Student-Athletes of the Year. Scholarships awards figures to be announced at a later date. $12,000 has been awarded each of the last 2 years. All finalists will be invited to an awards reception in January 2022, where the winners will be announced.
Employees and/or children of employees of the Hall of Fame or event sponsors are not eligible, nor are previous winners of this award. Please call (757) 800-1555 with questions or for more information.
Nomination materials can be submitted electronically OR mailed to the address below. The online nomination form will be made available Monday, August 1, 2022. Materials must be received by 10/21/2022;
Please include any documents that details the student’s academic and athletic achievements, and community contributions; this includes letters of support/recommendation.
All nomination materials must be received together.
Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
c/o Student-Athlete Achievement Awards
283 Constitution Drive, Ste 303
Virginia Beach, VA 23462