17th Annual Student Athlete Achievement Award Application
Criteria for Application:
- Students must attend a Virginia high school (public/private)
- Students must be a junior or senior during the academic year of 2021 – 2022 to apply
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 of higher
- Students must letter in at least 1 VHSL/VISAA sanctioned sport
- At least 1 letter of recommendation must be submitted along with the student’s academic/athletic/civic credentials
- Student must submit a minimum 500-word personal essay on the following
- Please explain your involvement among your school and greater communities.
- Please describe your reason for pursuing this scholarship and its importance to you.
- Please describe the role athletics has played in your overall development.
Application must be submitted in full and cannot be edited once submitted. Please proof and review all sections of the application prior to submission. A letter of recommendation is strongly suggested to support your academic, athletic and civic achievements, which should be attached to each corresponding section. Additional accomplishments or accolades can be included with the nomination packet. The parent/guardian’s, and nominator contact information listed below will be notified of your application status during the screening process. Employees and/or children of employees of the Hall of Fame or event sponsors are not eligible, nor are previous winners of this award. Students are expected to attend reception and ceremony to be considered for this award. Please call (757) 800-1555 with questions or for more information.
Nomination materials can be submitted electronically via the form below OR mailed to the following address. Materials must be received by 10/22/2021;
Virginia Sports Hall of Fame c/o Student Athlete Achievement Awards
One Columbus Center
283 Constitution Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23462