- $4 per student | 3rd-5th Grades ONLY
- 1 hour + 15 minute sessions
- Minimum two sessions with minimum of 60 students in each session
- 3rd Grade Program – 3.1a, 3.2a, 3.4b, 3.4c, 3.9b, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15
- 4th Grade Program – 4.1a, 4.2b, 4.3a, 4.4a, 4.4d, 4.9, 4.10a, 4.10b, 4.12, 4.14a, 4.14b
- 5th Grade Program – 5.2a, 5.3a, 5.4, 5.11, 5.12, 5.13a, 5.17d
By far our most popular offering, the Math in Motion program is sure to grab the attention of your students and staff! Highlighted by the Hampton Roads Show and multiple news outlets, this is a fun filled, large scale program which allows us to impact a large number of students in one session.
Our most interactive and highest energy program, Math in Motion focuses on content and SOLs for students in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
Virginia Sports Hall of Fame education staff will take over your gymnasium for part of the day with exciting and engaging interactive math stations. We bring all equipment and handle setup and break down.
All eight stations blend active, competitive fun with applicable SOL math review. When students arrive in the gymnasium, they will divided into groups at each of our eight activity stations.
There, they will participate in a physical activity/game that is directly linked to a VA Math SOL before rotating through to all the other stations.
Each station highlights a different math concept – such as geometry and fractions, multiplication and place values, and much more.
At the end of each station session, the students are required to answer a similar content question correctly before moving to the next station. This assessment process allows our staff and your teachers to quickly evaluate the students’ understanding of the specific content.
Additionally, the passport’s back page is an extension project for students to take back to their classrooms and complete with their teachers, further reinforcing the math concepts learned.
The Math in Motion experience is designed for entire grade levels to participate at one time (the reason why we need a BIG space) and is about 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
The minimum number of students per session is 60, and the maximum is 80 students. This allows up to ten students to be at each station at a time.
This arrangement makes Math in Motion an incredibly efficient method for reaching large numbers of students in a limited amount of time.
Provided by the Virginia Sports
Hall of Fame:
- All equipment and signage for each of the eight stations
- Two Hall of Fame staff members to facilitate your Math Day experience
- Entire setup and breakdown of the program
- Passports for all students
- Instruction packets for teachers and staff attending/assisting
- Special gift for the students from the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
Provided by School:
- Gymnasium or a space large enough to have a full grade level of students moving actively and safely
- Teachers and staff to assist with transition to stations and help supervise station activities; this is very important to help with the students understanding of the math while having fun safely
- Pencils for the students participating
If you have any questions or would like to book Math in Motion for your school, please call Elaina Kirk at (757) 800-1555 or email